Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Go Ahead, Call Me

Oh the cell phone gods are pleased with me. I think the people who call me are as well. Although I was recently told that the whole “Andy never calls anyone back” talk has been over-played now for roughly two years. That’s nice to hear.

Regardless, this is one New Year’s resolution I have really worked hard to keep. I’ve done a great job so far. Just looking at my last 60 calls, I answered 19/39 on the first call.

That might not sound too great, but hold off on your criticism. My phone shows repeat missed calls from the same person, but it does not show repeat answering if the same person calls me.

For instance, Higgins called me four times on the 26th of May and I answered all of them on the first call. However, that shows up as only one answered incoming call.

My parents called me four times this past Friday 5.08, 5.27, 5.49 and 6.19 pm. I was in the radiologist’s office waiting to see if we were going to have to board this patient for an emergency appendectomy. My phone shows four missed calls, but when I answered two of their calls on Saturday it only read as one answered call.

Finally, Saturday morning DJ called me at 4.41, 4.42 and again at 4.42. He was sitting on the couch next to me, but thought it would be fun to reenact the touching Saved by the Bell scene between Zach and Zach’s father. I had answered the three times before, but again it looks like I only answered 1/4 calls from DJ, when in fact I answered 3/6.

All the examples are just given to illustrate that the 19/39 is probably not entirely accurate. I answer my phone and I call those people back almost all the time. I feel very good about my progress and I’ll continue to work, but I feel as if I have reached my goals.

The voice mail message has changed as some of you have noticed. Why? Crazy residents who need to get a hold of me 100 times a day. The resident wasn’t happy that I didn’t leave my pager number on my voice mail. I switched it for this person, but I’m gonna go back to the silly German/English message soon. Crazy residents make me want to drink lots and lots of alcohol. But I generally like to drink lots and lots of alcohol, so why should I be mad at the resident for making want to do this? Because she drives me bananas.

The sh*t is tornado. T O R N A D O.

So the phone answering and calling people back is going great. What about my other Resolutions?

Swearing? Pathetic. F**k it.
Eating healthy? I had a cheeseburger, fries and an apple for lunch 3/7 days last week.
Exercising? Not too bad, but not too good either.
Being a better person? That’s probably not gonna ever happen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home