Sunday, May 28, 2006

Home Sweet Home

I have now officially renewed my apartment for one more year. This will be the first time I have lived in the same place for more than one year since 1995-1996 to 1996-1997.

In the summer of ’97 my family moved from 659 Hollywood to 630 Hollywood; across the street and three houses down. Little did I know that this would be the beginning of an eight year span in which I moved to a new place in close proximity to the old one.

In 1998 I moved off to 502 East Wilson at Michigan State University. Then the following year I moved down the hall to 507 East Wilson.

In 2000 I moved off campus with Dave, Chris and Todd…eventually Rob Sands moved there too. 621 Charles St. was a fine house, although too small for our youthful ambitions (which basically were larger, more exciting parties).

So my friends and I packed up and moved down the street to the larger 523 Charles St. house. I destroyed my car with the moving van. Stupid. 523 offered great memories, especially the party were DJ and Chris did their rendition of “Sensory Deprivation,” and the great camera work by Jon.

I moved out of 523 because I didn’t want to live in the basement anymore and I didn’t want Jon or Shawn to have to live down there. TJ should have gotten the basement, but oh well. Regardless, 2002-2003 was spent at 231 Louis St. Apt. #1. This place was too small and I was actually happy to leave it.

The next two years I lived in Berrytree Apartments. The first year, 2003-2004, I spent in the haunted, mouse filled apartment D8. Then the next year Jeni moved in with Danielle and me to D205; two flights up and down the hall. That was a fun and interesting year.

Finally, my time in classes at Michigan State was done. I had to move to a new place closer to my base hospital, Henry Ford Wyandotte. I’m currently living at Village Green of Southgate and I will be here through July of 2007.

Sure, I have been able to return to my home in Monroe and that’s been great. But I’ve also done a significant amount of moving over the last eight years. I think that is common for people in their early to mid-twenties to move frequently. I’m just glad I won’t have to pack and move in a couple of months. Hopefully, in this next year there can be some parties and good ole crazy times.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

irdi forgot about louis street and D8...and the moving van "incident"


okay...there are 8 letters in the stupid word verification!!!

11:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

grrr and there was a typo..


i forgot* about louis street and D8

11:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the word verification protects my blog from unwanted comments. it's a price to pay for your welcomed comments. i'm sorry it was an inconvenience. thanks for the reply though.

yes, i'm an idiot. the moving van incident was pure stupidity. how could you forget about d8? that place and a mouse and ghosts and you were over a lot. louis st. is okay to forget about, it wasn't very cool. poor choice on my part.

11:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home